What is required by the Town if I am repaving/reconstructing my driveway?

The Brighton Town code states that, “No person or corporation shall open, disturb or work within, erect fences or structures, plant trees within or cause to be opened or disturbed by cutting, missiling, boring, digging, resurfacing or excavating the soil, pavement or sidewalk within any street, sidewalk or right of way, for any purpose whatever, without having secured a permit to perform such work.”

Therefore, a Highway Right of Way Permit is required prior to the repaving/reconstruction of driveways. The permit form, along with a fee calculator sheet can be found at the following link:Highway Forms and Brochures

Show All Answers

1. I have an old water heater at the curb, when will you pick it up?
2. Can I store my boat on my driveway?
3. My neighbor has teenagers and lots of cars and very frequently cars are parked on their lawn. Is this allowed?
4. My neighbor has cut his grass only twice this summer. How often should the grass be cut?
5. The house across the street has peeling paint and exposed wood. Can the Town do something about this situation?
6. The sidewalks in front of my house are cracked and in bad shape. Must I pay for their repair?
7. I'm building a deck in my backyard. Do I need a permit?
8. Why has my plastic bag full of yard waste not been picked up by the Highway Department?
9. Can I store an unlicensed vehicle on my driveway?
10. What is required by the Town if I am repaving/reconstructing my driveway?
11. My neighbor never removes their garbage cans/toter from the street. Is this allowed?
12. How do I report a property maintenance concern that I am aware of?