Report Crime

If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1.

If you see something suspicious, call 9-1-1.

If you need to report a lost or stolen item, if you found property that does not belong to you, or if you need police assistance in any way, phone 9-1-1, even if it's not an emergency. When you call 9-1-1, dispatchers will arrange for an Officer to assist you. If it's not an emergency and you prefer to meet with an Officer at the Police Department instead of at your Brighton home or business, you can come to the Brighton Police Department any time of the day or night. If you come when our building is locked, you can use the phone outside our front door to call 9-1-1, and an Officer will respond back to the Police Department. If you come to our front counter during business hours, we will call 9-1-1 to have dispatchers arrange for an Officer to return to the Police Department to meet with you here.

The County's Emergency Communications Department (9-1-1 Center) coordinates our Officers' responses to calls for service.