Leaf and Yard Debris Collection
Use the maps below for up to date information on when to anticipate yard debris collection in your neighborhood. You can use the address locator bar or zooming feature of the interactive map to find your street:
|Bulk yard debris will be collected in the GREEN shaded sub areas on Friday, July 20, 2018. Bulk yard debris pickup crews are expected to be in the PINK shaded sub areas on Monday, July 23, 2018.
|Containerized yard debris will be collected in the GREEN shaded sub areas on Friday, July 20, 2018. Containerized yard debris pickup crews are expected to be in the PINK shaded sub areas on Monday, July 23, 2018.
To help us remove your leaves as quickly as possible, please:
- Do not place any yard debris piles, leaf piles or containers onto the roadway, shoulders or gutters as it creates a safety hazard for pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists and is also a violation of NYS Highway and NYS Vehicle & Traffic Law.
- Separate all small quantities of sticks, brush, yard clippings and other yard debris into reusable containers or paper bags – not plastic bags. Containers must weigh no more than 50 lbs. This allows recycling of all materials and helps avoid damage to our leaf vacuum or injury to our crew members. Small loose piles will not be collected.
- Grass clippings will not be collected. The Town of Brighton has a grass-recycling program that encourages residents to either compost their clippings or simply leave them on the lawn. Brighton residents may drop off grass clippings for composting at the Highway Department, which is located on 1941 Elmwood Ave.
- Don’t pile leaves around fire hydrants or other obstructions. Covering hydrants can prevent firefighters from finding them when every second counts. Hidden hydrants and obstructions are also dangerous for those picking up the leaves and bulk yard debris as they may be struck, causing injury to crew members or damage to equipment.
- We do not collect stumps, rocks, stones, metal, lumber, plastics, glass, fencing or waste materials. PLEASE NO SOD.
- Do not mix household refuse with yard debris.
For more information on our Leaf Collection and Yard Debris program please call the Highway Department at 784-5280.