The Public Works Office is headed by the Commissioner of Public Works who is appointed by, and serves at the pleasure of the Town Board.
The office is responsible for the planning and administration of a wide range of Town services, such as:
- Sanitary sewer maintenance and construction
- Sidewalk snow removal
- Sidewalk maintenance
- Storm drainage design and construction
- Inspection of newly installed utilities and roadways
- Assisting other public agencies during emergency / disaster conditions
Town Engineer and Town Planner
The Town Engineer and Town Planner, under the direction of
the Commissioner of Public Works, are responsible for:
- Program development and planning
- Zoning reviews
- Subdivision and other development proposals
- Responding to inquiries about the zoning code and building and utilities specifications
Warren Avenue Traffic Calming Alternatives
Warren Avenue Presentation
U of R IPD Neighborhood Info Meeting Held March 19, 2013
TY LIN International Presentation as prepared for the University of Rochester
Electronics Recycling & Secure Document Shredding EventSunday, May 16, 2021 from 9 AM - Noon at the Highway Department, 1941 Elmwood Ave.
This is a drive-thru event. Wear a mask and place your items in your trunk or rear seat for masked volunteers to remove for you. Check our vendor's website for what electronics can and cannot be recycled at https://www.maventech.com/recycling-answers.