Leaf and Yard Debris Collection
|Bulk yard debris will be collected in the BLUE shaded sub areas on Friday, April 29, 2016. Bulk yard debris pickup crews are expected to be in the YELLOW shaded sub areas on Monday, May 1, 2016. Use the address locator bar or the zooming feature of the interactive map to locate your street:
|Containerized yard debris will be collected in the PINK shaded sub areas on Friday, April 29, 2016. Containerized yard debris pickup crews are expected to be in the BLUE shaded sub areas Monday, May 1, 2016. Use the address locator bar or the zooming feature of the interactive map to locate your street:
When the Town of Brighton begins our yard debris collection program you know it’s a sure sign that blue skies and warmer weather are on the way.
The Highway Department strives to provide weekly collection of material generated from normal lawn and garden maintenance from spring through fall. The yard debris collection schedule may be altered during this time allowing us to focus on street and infrastructure maintenance as well.
As our hardworking women and men make their way through Town, here are a few helpful reminders that will help keep our crews on schedule.
- Grass clippings will not be collected. The Town of Brighton has a grass-recycling program that encourages residents to either compost their clippings or simply leave them on the lawn. Brighton residents may drop off grass clippings for composting at the Highway Department, which is located on 1941 Elmwood Avenue.
- Small piles of yard debris or brush must be placed in acceptable containers for a quick, clean pickup. Containers must weigh no more than 50 lbs. Small loose piles will not be collected.
- Please place brush and garden debris at the curb in containers or paper bags – not in plastic bags, or in a neatly stacked pile, no more than eight feet long, and free of sod, dirt, or construction debris.
- Do not place any debris piles or containers onto the roadway, shoulders or gutters as it creates a safety hazard for bicyclists, pedestrians and motorists and as this is also a violation of NYS Highway and NYS Vehicle & Traffic law.
- Do not mix household refuse with yard waste.
- For ease of collection, bulk yard debris or brush piles must not be placed next to or around obstructions.
For more information, call the Highway Department at 784-5280 or check out the Town’s website at www.townofbrighton.org for daily location updates of yard debris collection.